Re: [REC] pdf and postscript version

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:32:41 -0400
To: Karl Dubost <karl@la-grange.net>
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org, wai-atag-editor@w3.org, "Martin J. Duerst" <duerst@w3.org>
Karl Dubost wrote:

> Dear editors,
>
> I would know if there is a defined proccess for the conversion of
> HTML Recommandation in Postscript en PDF.

I'm not sure I understand the question. In general, there is no
well-defined process (to my knowledge) for transforming any HTML
document into a PDF document since the HTML specification does
not specify how the elements must be rendered.

As to how we create different formats for the HTML Recommendation:
we use html2ps and then ps2pdf, both of which run on Linux.

html2ps is available at  http://www.tdb.uu.se/~jan/html2ps.html.

We do the same for the Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines.
I hope this answers your question,

 - Ian

> I've Cc: Martin Duerst, who is also interested by the answer.
>
> Best Regards
>
> --
> Karl Dubost - http://www.la-grange.net/
> Près de vous, madame, oubliant les cieux,
> L'astronome étonné se trouble;
> C'est dans l'éclat caressant de vos yeux,
> Qu'il avait cru trouver l'étoile double.

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783