Comment on HTML 4.0 errata

Editors,

I thank you to reflect my comment on HTML 4.0 spec (section 5.2.2) to
HTML 4.0 errata, but I am sorry that I made a mistake in my previous
message and it has affected to the errata.

I wrote:
>    The META declaration must only be used when the character encoding
>    is organized such that ASCII characters stand for themselves (at
>    least until the META element is parsed).
>    (5.2.2 Specifying the character encoding)
(snip)
> So I consider the word "ASCII characters" of the HTML 4.0 spec quoted
> above to be replaced with "ASCII-valued octets".

This sed-like operation makes the sentence "... when the character is
organized such that ASCII-valued octets stand for themselves (...)".
That is another trivial sentence because octets are always octets
themselves.

So, that should be "... such that ASCII-valued octets stand for ASCII
characters (...)", like a sentence of RFC 2070.

Regards,

Yano Keisuke
yano@moon.email.ne.jp