citation of ISO10646 is historical, not living

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 13:12:50 -0600
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
> > |while in this specification, we always refer to the most up-to-date
> > |form of ISO 10646.

Sure enough... that text was in the Dec '97 version

What a mess. The NOTE seems to say we're citing a living
document, and yet the citation clearly says otherwise:

     "Information Technology -- Universal Multiple-Octet Coded
     Character Set (UCS) -- Part 1: Architecture and Basic
     Multilingual Plane", ISO/IEC 10646-1:1993. The current
     specification also takes into consideration the first five
     amendments to ISO/IEC 10646-1:1993.

I think the note should read: "with each revision of the HTML 4.0
specification, we update it with respect to the then-current
version of ISO10646" or something like that.

or even better: "we may update it"

Dan Connolly