From: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:51:52 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org
At 2:09p -0800 02/24/99, Daniel Austin wrote with bad line breaks:
>Speaking for myself, not for CNET or the HTML Working Group:
>	While I sympathize with those who would like HTML to use upper case
>this is unlikely to change. XML is case sensitive, and therefore the case of
>element names
>must be specified in one way alone. Given this, lower case was chosen.

But WHY was lower case chosen over upper case?

And why were the thousands(?) of web developers around the world never
consulted about this, or given the chance to vote?

We're the ones who have to use it, so to not consult us about this is
extremely rude, uncaring, and mean.

I didn't know HTML had become a dictatorship, but obviously it has.

 who will continue to use upper-case HTML tags, XML be damned.