Feedback from XML Linking WG

Copied from archive:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-cg/1999Apr/0061.html

Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 00:10:02 -0700
To: w3c-xml-cg@w3.org
From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Subject: Liaison statement on fragment identifiers from Linking WG

The Hyperlinking WG had an action item, coming from several sources,
to consider the issue of the interpretation of fragment identifiers
in URI references.  The group has invested a great deal of time on
this issue and has produced a liaison statement covering our
findings:

 http://www.textuality.com/xml/naked.html

I'm doing this on behalf of the Linking WG, Bill is in transit.
Since we understand that the HTML WG is trying to try for last call
again on XHTML as soon as possible, we think it would be beneficial
to everyone if this document could be processed through the XML CG
quickly and forwarded to the (substantial number of) other WGs and
CGs who have interests in this area.  Does the CG need to consider
and pronounce upon this document, or could we go ahead and send it
to those who need to consider it?  -Tim

--------
Regards,

phone: +44 122 578 2984 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)