Media type for XHTML (http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html-in-xml/)

From: Wissler Magnus - mawi <M.Wissler@abalon.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 20:51:26 +0200
To: "'www-html-editor@w3.org'" <www-html-editor@w3.org>
Hi,

I don't know if I've missed something obvious here, but it seems to me that
the type "text/xml" would fit in nicely; XHTML is an XML-derived language,
after all. As XML it would have an associated DTD stated in the DOCTYPE
element, so the type of document couldn't be determined without accessing
the resource anyway (unless one takes it to its extreme and registers a
media type for every XML application that will exist).

Uhh... was that intelligible? I'm not so sure, but it vaguely reflects my
opinion anyway.

/Magnus