html 4.0 spec formats

From: TOMMY DEWALD <DEWALD.TOMMY@epamail.epa.gov>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 17:18:21 -0400
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
Cc: DEWALD.TOMMY@epamail.epa.gov
Hello,

I just spent some time downloading and printing the 4.0 specs for
reference here in the office.  While I was doing so, I was wondering
how you manage the master 4.0 spec document while providing copies
in many different formats, e.g., eps, html, pdf, ascii.  We are developing a
large document that we'll want to serve through the Web in different
formats much as the 4.0 spec.

Do you use MS Word or some other tool to make edits to the master
document?

Once you've made these edits, how do you re-create the other formats
from the updated master document?

I appreciate any references or thoughts you might be able to provide.
Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

Tommy Dewald