change request in section 5.1

From: Hidetaka Ohto <ohto@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 13:46:49 -0400
To: <www-html-editor@w3.org>

Dear "Modularization of XHTML" editors:

I am involved in the content negotiation issues(CC/PP) in the W3C
and I am one of the authors of the CC/PP exchange protocol.

I've read the WD of "Modularization of XHTML".
(http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Group/1999/mod/xhtml-modularization-19990403)

I found the statement which refers to the CC/PP exchange protocol
in the section "5.1. Framework for Content Negotiation".

I think the link of the informative reference for the CC/PP exchange
protocol in section 5.1 is not appropriate.
Because the  link addresses the CC/PP framework document.

There are two W3C note with regard to the CC/PP work.
One is to describe the CC/PP framework.
The other is to describe the CC/PP exchange protocol.

The protocol is called CC/PP exchange protocol though, the
protocol does not depend on the profile format which it conveys.
Therefore another profile format besides the CC/PP description
format could be applied to the CC/PP exchange protocol.

I would like you to add the bibliography for the CC/PP exchange protocol
to "A.2.  Informative References" and change link for the CC/PP exchange
protocol in section "5.1. Framework for Content Negotiation".

The information is listed below:

"CC/PP exchange protocol based on HTTP Extension Framework"
Editors:  Hidetaka Ohto, Johan Hjelm
            Updated internal draft was published on 1 April, 1999.
Timeline: Subject to discussions with the WAP Forum UAPROF Group.
            Decide what will happen in the first quarter of 1999.

URL
The last public version: http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-CCPPexchange
The latest version: http://www.w3.org/Mobile/Group/IG/NOTE-CCPPexchange

I hope you to use the latest version.

I am very interested in the "Modularization of XHTML" from the point of view
of the content negotiation.
Therefore I would like you to add the reference listed above for the purpose
of
getting comments from the XHTML expertise.

Best Regards,
-- Taka

 Hidetaka "Taka" Ohto
   Panasonic Technologies Inc
   Visiting Engineer at the W3C
      ohto@w3.org
      Fax +1-617-258 5999, Phone +1-617-258-0982
      MIT/LCS, NE-43, Room 344
      545 Technology Square. Cambridge MA 02139 USA