Netscape Communicator crashes on HTML 4.0 spec

From: Greg Ubben <gsu@romulus.ncsc.mil>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 00:04:00 -0400
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
FYI, be advised that Netscape Communicator crashes when loading
section 3 of the HTML 4.0 spec.  This has been verified using
Communicator 4.06 on both AIX (Unix) and Windows 95, and also
Communicator 4.04.  I know it is not a problem with the spec,
but since so many people will be attempting to access the
recommendation with this browser, you may wish to advertise a
work-around.  If you disable style sheets in Communicator, then
it can then display this section without crashing.

    So you may wish to add a notice to your errata page to disable
style sheets in Communicator (Edit > Preferences > Advanced) before
clicking on the section 3 link, or perhaps even include a link to
a version of this HTML file with the style-sheet <LINK> tag
disabled, for Communicator users.  I'll report this to Netscape too.

Greg Ubben
gsu@romulus.ncsc.mil