Re: Developing errata for 4.0

From: Steven Pemberton <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 12:56:56 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Cc: "Shane P. McCarron" <shane@themacs.com>, www-html-editor@w3.org, dsr@w3.org
 > I guess the first issue here for me is: Does the new HTML WG
 > wish to assume the persistent activities of the former WG, including
 > errata management and translation requests/offers? If so,

I have always taken the position that we would do that, since HTML 4
is our starting point, and everything that changes in 4 has an effect
on 5; therefore it seems better that we be involved in the process,
and therefore that we do it.

On the other hand I didn't realise you rereleased 4.0. I thought that
the 4.0 report was cast in stone, and that errata and interpretations
were released as separate documents (that's what we're doing for CSS
isn't it?).