Re: sgmltut.html

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:43:12 -0400
To: Walter Clover <wclover@mrcabq.com>
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org
Walter Clover wrote:

> I downloaded the "zip file containing HTML documents" yesterday and
> cannot open sgmltut.html without causing my Netscape 4.06 browser to
> "perform an illegal operation" and shutdown.  A second attempt at
> download / unzip was not successful.

Hello Walter,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We've had
some problems in the past due to a buggy NN implementation
of style sheets (the document itself is correct). I believe
you can work around the problem by turning off style sheets
and/or java support while you browse that page.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks again for showing
interest in W3C Recommendations,

 - Ian

--
Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)