(unknown charset) Fault in HTML 4.0 ZIP FILE

From: (unknown charset) Richard Blanchard III <gogardus@netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 13:30:21 -0600
To: (unknown charset) www-html-editor@w3.org
    Yesterday I downloaded html40.zip. When I unzipped it and loaded
"cover.htm" I was unable to jump to ANY links. The reason is, the html
files all unzipped themselves into ".htm" files, yet the "cover.htm"
document points all links to files ending in ".html"! Naturally,
Netscape Navigator returns a file not found error message.
    I was able to fix the problem by loading "cover.htm" into Wordpad
and replacing all ".html" 's with ".htm" 's. Still I expect that the
other files will have the same problem.
    I haven't had a chance to read the document yet so I can't comment
on the content yet. I just wanted to let you know about the file name
problem.

Yours Truly, Richard Blanchard