Re: Q example in section 9.2.2

From: <jamie@csd.uwo.ca>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 12:38:18 -0500 (EST)
To: ij@w3.org
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org
Ian B. Jacobs wrote:
>jamie@csd.uwo.ca wrote:
>>
>>    I'm reporting an error in the example section of 9.2.2.  Under the
>> heading `Rendering quotations' there is the following text (quoted as
>> rendered):
[...]
>Thank you for your comment. I will change the spec to read
>lang="en-us". If you do have an authoritative source as well, I would
>appreciate the reference.
    Principles of Punctuation
    by E. S. C. Weiner
    Oxford University Press
    (the text appears in several collections, the one that I have closest
to hand is in The Oxford Guide to the English Language, edited by
E. S. C. Weiner and J. M. Hawkins, 1984 (ISBN 0-19-281499-0)).

    For sources for the American style you could cite Mary-Claire van
Leunen's A Handbook for Scholars (Revised edition), published by Oxford
University Press, 1992.  I recall a chart she has detailing all the
American style rules for quoted quotations.  The Chicago Manual of Style
would probably do as another source too.

>Thank you,
    You are welcome.  Best wishes,
--
J. Blustein <jamie@csd.uwo.ca> / <jamie@acm.org>