Re: %HTML.Version for strict.dtd

From: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 11:31:53 +0100
To: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@w3.org>
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org
Although I understand that you were relying on it and no longer having
it requires some changes to the validation service, I don't consider
this removal to be a bug. I removed it on purpose. Therefore, I'm not in
favor of puting it back and recording this as an error in the errata
sheet. Sorry.
Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy to help fixing your problem but I just
think relying on the output from nsgmls doesn't seem to be the right way
to figure that out to me. Why can't you look at the document itself to
figure what DTD is used instead?
--
Arnaud