From: Stephan Montigaud <stephan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 17:24:05 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
To: webreq@w3.org, dsr@w3.org
Cc: tjg@w3.org, timbl@w3.org
Subject: Re: New directory for HTML DTD's

The support teams are available as webreq@w3.org and syreq@w3.org
we all give higher priority to requests sent to these mailing lists.

In that case that would be a request to webreq@w3.org

To create a top level directory under pub/WWW we have to follow the
procedure detailed at
http://www.w3.org/Web/Overview.html#Editing/Publishing
and also in the Team GuideBook

This procedure involves the acknowlegdment of TimBL and the
update of the Owners database
http://www.w3.org/Team/Owners.html

Thanks.

PS: I am going on vacation tonight but Pierre will followup, just use
webreq@w3.org

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Dave Raggett wrote:

> Stephan,
>
> I believe you are the person to ask this question. If not
> can you tell me who I should be talking to.
>
> The latest draft of the HTML 4.0 spec needs a directory
> for placing SGML resources such as DTD's and entity sets
> for use in validating HTML documents. I would like to
> use the URL:
>
>      http://www.w3.org/DTD/
>
> for this purpose, i.e. /afs/w3.org/pub/WWW/DTD
>
> Can you fix this for me and let me know when I can start
> using this directory.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> -- Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett
> phone: +44 122 578 2521 (office) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)
> World Wide Web Consortium (on assignment from HP Labs)

---
Stephan Montigaud
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium