Re: LI, DD, TH, TD: blocklevel in HTML 4.0 Draft

On Sun, 2 Nov 1997, Susan Lesch wrote:

> The White space, Unordered and ordered lists, Definitions lists,
> and all Tables examples in the HTML 4.0 draft specification do not
> validate as HTML 4.0 at KGV,
> <http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/%7Egerald/validate/>.
>
> LI, DD, TH, and TD require blocklevel contents in the 1997/09/17
> DTD, <http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html40/sgml/dtd.html>. Examples
> throughout the draft appear without blocklevel containers. Is this
> correct?

The strict content model for these elements has been relaxed
to work the same ways as for HTML 3.2. The W3C HTML working
group has chosen to allow text directly in LI, DD, TH and TD
as well as block-level content.

Many thanks for drawing this to our attention.

Regards,

phone: +44 122 578 2984 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)