Link types -> section on types, head/meta TOC suggestions, link problems

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 12:42:19 -0600
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
Not speaking as chair...

I was looking for some RDF-related stuff in the HTML 4 draft[1].

I suggest link types included in the list of HTML types[2],
with a link to the discussion in the linking section[3].

[1] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Group/9710/WD-html40-971024/

Also, I expected to find the LINK element in the discussion
of HEAD. I suggest a "see also" link at the beginning
of the HEAD section. Hmmm... there is no text at
the beginning of 8.4 The document head.

I suggest in stead of:
	8.4 The document head
	8.4.1 HEAD element
	8.4 The document head: the HEAD element

Also, the "8.4.5 Meta data" section seems like it is at
the same level as "8.4 The document head." So perhaps:

8.The global structure of an HTML document - The HEAD and
     BODY of a document
       4.The document head: the HEAD element
            (text of "Specifying meta data" goes here)
            1.The TITLE element
            2.Generic Metadata: the META element
                    Meta data profiles

and move
            3.The title attribute
under 8.5 "The document body" right after (or somewhere
near) ID and CLASS.

and move:
            2.Path information: the BASE element
under  "13.Links". Hmmm... where exactly...

Hey! What are mailto: links doing in the reference manual!
I know they're in the URL tutorial, but what are they
doing here?

"Authors may create links that do not lead to another document but
instead cause email to be sent to an email address."

The link doesn't "cause" anything: it just links to a mailbox.
Typically, the only access users have to other people's mailbox
is to send to it, so that's the functionality that user agents
typically invoke when links to mailboxes are activated.