FORMS suggestion

From: Leslie M. Barstow III <phoenix@faerealm.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 21:55:24 -0400
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
I was reading with interest your substantial proposals for HTML v4.0.
Impressive wishlist.

I did have one suggestion which, considering all the other improvements
in the FORM definition, I was suprised you left out.  Required fields.
Unless I missed a portion of the specification, there is no tag to
force the submitter to enter data into a field. (Or can the ACCEPT tag
be used with a wildcard for this purpose?)

Sincerely,

Les Barstow
phoenix@faerealm.com