Need some help on TextArea

From: Scott Murphy <rscott@www.hsc.wvu.edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 17:13:44 -0400
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
CC: gchethan@coe.wvu.edu
Hello!
      I need to know when using TextArea (forms) is it possible to
restrict the number of rows (similar to using wrap=hard & restricting
the column width ). I do not  want the text to scroll. The row & column
width sould be fixed & the user should be prevented from entering more
text.
      As an example if the row=20 & column=70, the user should be
prevented from entering more than 20 lines.

      Any help in this regard will be appreciated.
Please mail your response to gchethan@coe.wvu.edu

Thanx in advance.
Chethan