Comments to the HTML Frames draft

From: Axel Rauschmayer <ug201cz@sunmail.lrz-muenchen.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 21:26:11 +0000
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
One feature of the current frames implementation (that doesn't seem to
be cured by the draft proposal) I find particularly annoying is that it
is impossible to put the current state of a HTML browser window into one
URL (e.g. when trying to bookmark a frames site). I feel that what is
being displayed in the frames should be part of the URL displayed in the
"Location:" field (perhaps like the CGI approach:
framesetURL?frame1=URL1&frame2=URL2&...).

I don't know if this is being addressed by another draft, but printing
frames is still cumbersome, too.

I like the IFRAME idea, as it makes it possible to load a frames
document as one file.

Thanks for your time,

Axel

Axel Rauschmayer    mailto:rauschma@informatik.uni-muenchen.de   \ | /