Re: normalizedString/input and string/textarea?

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:26:58 -0700
To: Alain Couthures <alain.couthures@agencexml.com>
Cc: "www-forms@w3.org" <www-forms@w3.org>
Hi Alain,

xsd:string is the almost-right datatype, and so there has been no priority
on doing better.
normalizedString does stuff to a string that we would not want.
The exact right datatype would be one pattern derived from string with the
regex pattern [^\n] as the only thing input really says differently than
textarea is single line input.

John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Distinguished Engineer, IBM Forms and Smarter Web Applications
IBM Canada Software Lab, Victoria
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog RSS feed: