normalizedString/input and string/textarea?

From: Alain Couthures <alain.couthures@agencexml.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:57:54 +0200
To: "www-forms@w3.org" <www-forms@w3.org>
Hello,

I'm still perplex about the differences between core forms input controls.

More specifically, if I want to edit an instance according to types, I
would consider that xsd:string is not correct for xf:input but for
xf:textarea.

It is obvious that the carriage return, line feed and tab characters
cannot be entered using xf:input but xf:textarea.

So, why isn't xsd:normalizedString the default type for xf:input?

Thank you very much for your answers!

Alain Couthures
<agenceXML>
http://www.agencexml.com/xsltforms