Re: base64 encoding for HTTP Basic Authentication - a gap in the XForms function library? (RFE)

On 12 Sep 2010, at 20:08 , Erik Bruchez wrote:

> I would agree with both:
>
> * Higher-level support is in general desirable to make the form
> author's life easier.

As a would-be form author, I can only say hear, hear!  I would
very much like my life to be made easier!

But I hope the long-term goal of making the form author's life
easier doesn't get in the way of providing the tools necessary to
allow a certain amount of self-help in the meantime.  I'd rather
solve my problem by using xf:header elements than by writing
new Java code for my task, if I possibly can!

Michael Sperberg-McQueen

* http://www.blackmesatech.com
* http://cmsmcq.com/mib
* http://balisage.net