Re: proposal for new submission replace mode 'new'

From: Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. <Leigh.Klotz@Xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 09:22:26 -0700
To: www-forms@w3.org

We agree with your use case, and note that we already have a proposed
feature for XForms 1.2, with a slightly different expression.

Please see the current proposal at

Briefly, we propose the new attribute submission/@target.  For example,
in your use case of a new window in an XHTML+XForms integration, the
attribute value would be XHTML name "_blank" :

  <submission replace="all" target="_blank" ... />

As with all XForms 1.2 proposed features, we seek feedback on
experimental implementations.  There is already one implementation,
cited in the feature proposal.

Please see our discussion at