Re: disabled controls bindset failure

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 09:59:09 -0700
To: alain.couthures@agencexml.com
Cc: inpost@gmail.com, rvkuijk@intercommit.nl, www-forms@w3.org
Also, please note that the Forms WG has previously advised implementers of
XForms 1.1 to begin immediate experimentation with/support of the feature
of allowing multiple model item properties per node, combined in a manner
that makes sense for each model item property.

The advisory notification was issued here:

The manner of combination was specified here:

So, if anyone wanted to "fix" their implementation to support the double
use of relevant in this sample form, so much the better.

John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
IBM Distinguished Engineer, Interactive Web Applications and Documents
IBM Lotus Forms Architect
IBM Canada Software Lab, Victoria
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog RSS feed:

<rvkuijk@intercommit.nl>, <inpost@gmail.com>
08/31/2010 04:21 AM
Re: disabled controls bindset failure

You can have a look at XSLTForms (http://www.agencexml.com/xsltforms)
which is a client-side implementation based on XSLT+AJAX and which I
regularly compare with the Mozilla XForms extension.

Don't hesitate to test the SVN trunk version (or the dataisland branch).

Thank you for your feedbacks!

On 31/08/2010, Ronald van Kuijk <rvkuijk@intercommit.nl> wrote:
>   In betterForm I get this error (after switching ' to " and vice-versa)
> xforms-binding-exception: property 'relevant' already present at model
> *Element causing Exception:*/html[1]/head[1]/xf:model[1]/xf:bind[2]
> *
> *This is not allowed according to the spec and an error should be
> thrown... Personally I always have 2 different XForms processors
> (BetterFORM and Orbeon, but I always use the former)  that I use to
> check if I'm wrong or the engine.
> So if Mozilla XForms does not complain, it is in violation of the spec
> (see point 2 in http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms11/#evt-rebuild)
> It can be solved by changing it to one bind:
> <xf:bind nodeset="stage" relevant="../purpose='ewbrl' or
> ../purpose='nibrf'" />
This does not work so perhaps there is (another) bug with mozilla
xforms plug-in. If you know of another cross-platform web browser I
could use to test xforms please tell me, thank you.