Re: When the view has refreshed, how would I know?

Philip,

At least in Orbeon, switches will keep the currently selected case
until they become non-relevant (if they do become non-relevant). I
assume you have such a situation then? Otherwise, it's a bug ;)

Also, I assume you have looked at <fr:databound-switch>? [1]

Now one of the new features under consideration for XForms 1.2 is a
data-bound switch, which I think is meant to address exactly your use
case. [2] Note that this is just a proposal under consideration.
Feedback is welcome.

-Erik

[1] http://wiki.orbeon.com/forms/doc/developer-guide/xbl-components/databound-switch
[2] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Model-based_switching_with_switch