When the view has refreshed, how would I know?

From: Philip Fennell <Philip.Fennell@marklogic.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 02:05:50 -0700
To: "www-forms@w3.org" <www-forms@w3.org>
I have a view, rendered by some XForms groups and controls and periodically the instance, from which the view is rendered, will get reloaded as a result of other events in the UI. This causes the view to refresh and as a result any switches in the view will revert to their default case.

Now, I can maintain the current selection(s) in an additional instance data structure but it doesn't appear that there is an event I can listener for that is dispatched once the view has completed rendering. If there was then I could invoke a toggle action to set the appropriate case(s). This, of course, relies upon the case element variant of a toggle action but just having an 'xforms-refresh-done' event would be nice.

I see in Orbeon's documentation that they have considered this scenario, but I wonder what other people have experienced in this area.

Regards

Philip Fennell

Consultant

Mark Logic Corporation