DSML queries directly processed by XForms

From: COUTHURES Alain <alain.couthures@agencexml.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 11:18:32 +0200
To: "www-forms@w3.org" <www-forms@w3.org>
Hello,

A directory administrator in a French university asked me how to access
an LDAP directory with a browser considering that he already has a
corresponding XML file
(http://www.developpez.net/forums/d750832-nouveau/autres-langages/xml-xsl-soap/xsl-xslt-xpath/parser-doc-xml-faire-recherche-dessus-autocompletion-sortir-html/).

XForms is interesting for that but it appears that this XML file is not
so small (700 ko) to be used as an instance and, instead of splitting
this file into multiple ones according to first letters of person names,
I was thinking about a direct interface using the DSML protocol.

I know that XForms developers and designers are more concerned by XML
databases or relational databases but LDAP directories are very
widespread and, even if a DSML extension is not frequently used, it
is available.

This sounds like a case study. Has anybody already done this before ?

Thank you for your answers.

Alain Couthures
<agenceXML>
Bordeaux, France