Re: treating (multiple) attached images

From: Jabba Laci <jabba.laci@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 16:28:19 -0500
To: xforms <www-forms@w3.org>

> You could resize the output with CSS, couldn't you?

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, I didn't think of that.

Now I ran into another difficulty. The application that I'm working on
should run on localhost. For uploading photos, I can get their address
via the file:// protocol. A reference would be enough, I don't want to
store the images in the database.

However, when visualizing the photos, because of security reasons (I
guess) I cannot access files on the local machine through the file://
protocol, which means the images are not visible. I use eXist with its
bundled Jetty webserver. I can see two solutions:

(1) Configure Jetty to allow access to local files (I'd prefer this one).

(2) Store images in the DB.

Any hints / ideas?

Thanks,

Laszlo