Re: treating (multiple) attached images

From: Jabba Laci <jabba.laci@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 23:54:57 -0500
To: xforms <www-forms@w3.org>

>> Is it possible to resize an image when visualizing it? I want to
>> upload photos, and they might be really big. An optimal solution would
>> be to show just a thumbnail, and when the user clicks on it, show the
>> image in full size.
>

> Not in standard XForms, AFAIK.

Hi,

Then I must find an alternative solution. What do you think of this one?

For producing xforms, I use Java Server Pages. The instance that I
want to visualize is loaded from a database. If it's not possible in
XForms, then I should replace the image visualization part with normal
XHTML. The problem is that I cannot get the image URLs from the XML
instance with "ref" in XHTML, I guess. So should I write a JSP code
(or bean) to extract the URLs from the XML instance, and use these
URLs to produce the image visualization with thumbnails?

If you have a better idea, plase let me know.

Thanks,

Laszlo