Re: Events automatically dispatched at startup

From: Charles F Wiecha <wiecha@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:19:56 -0500
To: alain.couthures@agencexml.com
Cc: www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-request@w3.org

Right...the select/deselect events are notifications when cases change.
They, like MIP events, are not sent at form startup but only when changes
occur.  There is some current discussion on the public forms list as to the
future direction for event lifecycles but your observation is correct for
the current specification.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-xforms-20091020/#action-toggle describes the
sequencing of select and deselect events for toggling cases...Thanks,
Charlie Wiecha

Charles Wiecha
Multichannel Web Interaction
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
P.O. Box 704
Yorktown Heights, N.Y.  10598
Phone: (914) 784-6180, T/L 863-6180, Cell: (914) 282-3483