XForms to XHTML using XSLT

From: COUTHURES Alain <alain.couthures@agencexml.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 14:06:26 +0100
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hello,

After studying AJAXForms, I have been able to integrate its main Java
parts inside a unique XSLT 1.0 stylesheet. I have already tested it
successfully, on client-side transformation, with Internet Explorer,
FireFox and Safari (there is some nasty bug in Opera XSLT engine about
embedded apply-template with select attribute within call-template...)
and loading time is good !

AJAXForms performs a conversion of every XPath expression to Javascript
objects using Jaxen capabilities so I had to analyze XPath expressions
with XSLT 1.0 only (some named templates with a stack mecanism based on
strings manipulations...).

It is now an only pre-alpha version at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xsltforms/ (axis not yet supported,-
unary operator not well supported, ..., different bugs in Javascript
parts,...).

Alain COUTHURES
<agenceXML>
http://www.agencexml.com