xforms:copy binding query

From: Robert Walpole <robert.walpole@devon.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:19:40 +0100
To: <www-forms@w3.org>

Hi,

I am seeking some clarification about how the XForms copy element
(http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-xforms11-20070222/#ui-adv-copy) should
work.

My question is whether it should be possible to use xforms:copy on
different xforms:select controls to copy different element nodes into
the same target node?

For example, say I want to have 2 select controls that use use
xforms:copy to populate the data node in the following...

<test>
	<data/>
</test>

In this case I would bind both of my select controls to the data nodeset
and by selecting two values from both controls I would hope to get
something like the following result...

<test>
	<data>
		<abc>123</abc>
		<abc>456</abc>
		<def>321</def>
		<def>654</def>
	</data>
</test>

Is this allowable? It may be that I cannot bind two different controls
to the same target node. Any clarification of this would be much
appreciated.

Many Thanks
Rob Walpole
Devon Portal Developer