Re: question to implementors: handling of initial validation

From: David Landwehr <david.landwehr@picoforms.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 12:48:03 +0200
To: Joern Turner <joern.turner@web.de>
CC: www-forms@w3.org

This is a real problem and we (picoforms) don't solve it (but we are not
showing alerts as a popup but renders it as a element in the css
layout). So if a node starts out as invalid the alert is displayed.

I wonder if we were to say that alerts are not active before a value
change happens, then what about cases where the ui is populated by a
submission on xforms-ready or even later in the processing?

Maybe we should have a functionality where alerts is first displayed on
an attempt of submitting?

/David