Re: question to implementors: handling of initial validation

From: Aaron Reed <aaronr@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 15:23:41 -0500
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hi Joern,

For Mozilla we handle the states via the model object.  And we don't
allow the state events (valid, invalid, readonly, etc) to be generated
until after xforms-ready has been dispatched to that model.  So even
though an alert will automatically handle the xforms-invalid,
xforms-out-of-range and xforms-binding-exception events that its parent
element can get, the element won't get the xforms-invalid or
xforms-out-of-range events until after xforms-ready.

If you care to look at it, the code is here:
http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/extensions/xforms/nsXFormsModelElement.cpp#1139

--Aaron