Re: Fw: [ANN] formsPlayer provides support for Selenium automated testing tool

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:56:47 +0100
To: "Charles F Wiecha" <wiecha@us.ibm.com>
Cc: www-forms <www-forms@w3.org>

Hi Charlie,

> Mark -- sounds interesting.  I'd bet the properties you've added to allow
> programmatic access from Selenium to a running form would also be useful in
> driving a form from a script-based AJAX application.  Charlie

Indeed. The same properties can also be used for accessibility
purposes (giving data to a speech engine), as well as for
'serialising' the current state of a form. We already use this latter
feature to obtain an XSL:FO 'snapshot' of a running form so that it
can be converted to PDF, and of course, as you'd expect it's used to
facilitate 'save and resume'.

Regards,

Mark

--