Re: UI Binding in other XML vocabularies

Hi Dustin,

The Firefox XForms extension allows that capability if you care to write
some XBL and JS, but we don't yet support that section of the spec out
of the box.  Things like input and textarea would be easy for us to
support.  But this section of the spec is so vague that supporting less
obvious elements with binding attributes like table and anchor elements
are trickier since there is no clear defining behavior.  For example, a
binding attribute on the anchor element, should the bound node contain
the inner text of the anchor element that shows up in a different color
and underlined, or should it contain the link resource that the browser
will be directed to if the anchor element is clicked upon?  Maybe the
CDF WG will more clearly define the behaviors?

I don't know which (if any) of the other processors support that section
of the spec.

--Aaron