Re: [ANN] New draft of XML Events 2.0 available

Some random questions and comments about the draft.

XE2 seems to use the same namespace as XE1. That is wrong, IMO
if XE2 isn't backwards compatible like it is not now. Replacing id
attribute with xml:id breaks the compatibility. Is there a reason to
use xml:id ?

while -attribute is underspecified, and examples are needed. And a use
case too ;)

dispatchEvent can dispatch only basic event type, mouseevents etc aren't
supported.

What does the declare attribute in action element actually mean?

I hope the functionality of script element will be properly specified at
least for ECMAScript. (i.e. what is the scope, how to access the event
object, what is "this" when script is evaluated etc. All that what is
currently missing for example in X+V specification ;))

Are there some events dispatched when external scripts are loaded?
load/error events?

Example 3.3.1.(1) has <script>, but the namespace of that
element is not defined, so nor is the action what happens when submit
event should be handled. (xhtml1 <script> is not an XML Event handler)
Though, maybe the example is just a hint how XML Events could be used if
handler was defined....
Similarly example 3.3.1.(5) seems to use VXML (though the namespace is
not defined here either). <vxml:catch> is not defined anywhere to be an
XML Events handler.

Why does action element need event and targetid attributes?
Those are already in listener element/XE attributes.

Are XML Events attributes "live"? If a script changes for example
ev:event attribute, should the old listener be removed and a new one
added? (And in XForms context, how should that all work in <repeat> :))

br,

-Olli