applet access to instance data

From: Iņaki Salinas Bueno <inksalinas@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:42:03 +0200
To: www-forms <www-forms@w3.org>
Hello,

I would like to know how to access from a applet to the instance data of an
XForms to be treated as an XML document.

I have to create a digital signing tool to sign in the client and it must be
an applet. I would like to avoid requests to the server through the signing
process, from getting the XHTML with the XForms and the applet inside to
sending the XMLSignature document to the server.

I have two questions:

1. The applet is inside the object element of the XHTML. Can I access to it
to submit the instance data? I mean, has the applet any URI? In this way I
could have the instance serialized as an XML in the applet.
2. Can an applet access to the instance data of an XForms? Can I pass the ID
of the instance as a parameter to the applet?

Thanks

Iņaki