Re: XForms and APP clients

Hi Elliotte,

It's pretty straightforward with XForms 1.1, but impossible with 1.0.
It's not just the methods you mention (PUT and DELETE), but to do
introspection you need to be able to pick up URLs dynamically. And if
you plan to use GData you will need the ability to retrieve non-XML
data via submission in order to authenticate, which is also a 1.1
feature.

We've got loads of code lying around that does this, ranging from
using eXist to add, remove and query items, through to interacting
with the various Google services. I'll try to get a few things
together and make them available.

One suggestion; if you're interested in doing some work in this area,
why don't we do it on Google's Code area? We could create an XForms
libary to sit alongside the other GData libraries, which would surely
help XForms adoption and profile. :) I'm more than happy to contribute
our forms to this.

--
  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer

  mark.birbeck@x-port.net | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232