Re: multiple instance/model submission

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 10:52:16 +0200
CC: www-forms <www-forms@w3.org>

Jason wrote:

> Thanks Victor,
>     you are of course correct, but it wouldnt be too tough for the spec
> to allow the wrapping of the submissions with some arbitrary element, or
> to use the model element name as a default.

A possibility would be to submit multiple XML documents with
multipart/mixed. Unfortunately XForms does not support building such
messages at the moment, but I can see a use case.

But with XForms 1.1 though, you could dynamically construct an instance
that contains other instances under a common root element, with the new
and improved xforms:insert action's @origin attribute:

<xforms:instance id="i1">

<xforms:instance id="i2">

<xforms:instance id="result">
   <result/>
</xforms:instance>

<xforms:insert context="instance('result')" nodeset="*"
   origin="instance('i1')"/>
<xforms:insert context="instance('result')" nodeset="*"
   origin="instance('i2')"/>

-Erik

--
Orbeon - XForms Everywhere: