A possibility to bind XMLSchema to <instance> element, not only to <model>. What do you think?

From: Victor Bolshov <crocodile2u@yandex.ru>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:18:20 +0400
To: www-forms@w3.org

I've got an idea that seems to me quite interesting.

I think it would be useful if the form authors could bind XMLSchema to
<instance> elements. (something like <instance schema="schema.xsd">).
With such a feature, the <bind> elements could "know" the datatype for a
given nodeset directly from the schema, without the need to specify a
"type" attribute. Currently, the authors need that attribute - but this
leads to code duplication - we need to bind nodes to their types both in
XMLSchema and in the XForms model.

Regards, Victor.