RE: Feedback on 1.1: Case element content model and attributes

John,

I think the BPEL structured Switch/Case construct is an ideal example to
specify conditional behaviour.
The BPEL specification for Switch is

The switch activity makes it possible to specify conditional behavior. This
activity consists out of an ordered list of conditional branches. Every
branch is specified by a case element followed by one optional otherwise
element. The case elements in a switch are looked at in the order in which
they are placed. The activities specified in the case are executed when the
condition of the case is true. When none of the cases are true, the
activities in the otherwise element are executed. The switch activity is
done when all the activities of one of the branches are completed.
 <switch>
   <case condition="bool-expr">
     activity
   </case>
   <otherwise>
     activity
   </otherwise>
</switch>

My experience shows that developers are more then capable of learning this
structure then all the MIPs and Group blah blah

BTW this and the WHILE construct are implemented as part of our XForms
implementation thru the BPEL namespace. I will shortly be releasing some
forms based on "business state machine" this form will contain many
namespaces and we can have a debate on how XForms should be evolving and
what is meant by web applications or as I coin "Weblications"

Kind Regards
Francisco

facileXForms - Really AJAX at heart

  _____