Re: Notice of publication of errata for XForms 1.0 Second Edition

* Elliotte Harold wrote:
>The XForms 1.0 second edition spec links to
>http://www.w3.org/2006/03/REC-xforms-20060314-errata.html for the errata
>document. From the URL that looks like a March 14, 2006 collection of
>errata. However, the title shows that as "07 September 2006". It links
>to the previous version at
>http://www.w3.org/2006/03/REC-xforms-20060314-errata-20060712.html but
>that link is 404.
>
>I'm not familiar enough with the XForms spec to tell which errata is
>actually posted, but it would worth clearing this up. At a minimum, the
>bad link to the previous version needs to be fixed.

Only the Recommendation is normative, errata documents do not have any
normative standing unless proposed corrections are approved by the AC/
The Director; this process has never been used by any Working Group. If
the Errata document fails to point that out, it's in violation of W3C
Process 7.6.1 "The Working Group MUST clearly identify which corrections
are proposed and which are normative."