From: w3c-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-forms-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of John Boyer
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 3:27 AM
To: www-forms@w3.org; www-forms-editor@w3.org
Subject: Feed back on 1.0: Meaning of incremental attribute

In Xforms 1.0, the description of the incremental attribute is
inadequate.

It does not describe what it does really.  It just says that when it is
true, more xforms-value-changed events will occur.  Maybe that's the
most that can be said in general due to multimodality, but 1) it should
then say that additional events *may* occur, and 2) an example of a
particular modality should be given.  I think that it could be described
though that incremental="true" means that each modification of the UI
control by the user is committed to data.

Also, the attribute should be described in one place and it should say
that it is optional with a default of false unless stated otherwise.
Right now, it is described over and over again for no reason other than
that the default is true sometimes (e.g. select1).

John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Senior Product Architect/Research Scientist
Co-Chair, W3C XForms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com  http://www.ibm.com/software/