Re: Deploying (accessible) XForms today?

Erik writes...

>>and Ajax is here to stay, which makes this is a very important topic.

Perhaps one angle to explore here is to work toward AJAX toolkits having
more direct support for XForms.  Many of them are now introducing data
models, model-view binding notations, and event systems.  If these were
aligned more closely with XForms we'd have a much better story not only
for accessibiliy but in general...

Charlie Wiecha

Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Sent by: www-forms-request@w3.org
05/05/2006 02:21 PM

www-forms@w3.org
cc

Subject
Re: Deploying (accessible) XForms today?

Raman,

I don't think that the fact that today's implementations do not meet
accessibility requirements necessarily means they cannot. At least, I
would like to see compelling arguments in that direction, and clearer
technical details about exactly what is lost (and shouldn't be lost) by
going from XForms to XHTML.

IE is not supporting XForms anytime soon, and Ajax is here to stay,
which makes this is a very important topic.

I think ignorance of the requirements for accessibility is a more
important reason why most Ajax-based web applications maybe lack in
accessibility. We are unfortunately as guilty as anyone here.

-Erik

--
Orbeon - XForms Everywhere:
http://www.orbeon.com/blog/