Re: Support for AVTs in XForms? [WAS: Dynamic @action attribute on xforms:submission]

From: Allan Beaufour <beaufour@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 09:49:36 +0200
To: "John Boyer" <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: www-forms@w3.org

On 4/26/06, John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> On the separate note regarding your statement to me that "It is _your_ mail that brings the
> subject back to only concerning the @action."
>
> I would say that this is not at all true.  The focus for XForms 1.1 has always been on the requirement to
> solve the problem of providing dynamic action for XForms submission.  Adding AVTs for their own
> sake is not a requirement, but rather a solution that happens to satisfy the above requirement.

Oh come on. Who's talking about this for XForms 1.1? I, at least,
clearly wrote that I thought we were discussing two different
subjects, that we had a solution for @action, and I thought we should
discuss AVTs in general. I've said nothing about XForms 1.1. I started
a new thread to make it even clearer.

> So, of course, all working group members can continue to discuss AVTs as much as is
> desired, except that it means there are less valuable cycles being spent on the action
> items related to the more timely delivery of XForms 1.1.

It's a public list. Everybody can _fortunately_ do what they please.
(but wasting cycles, is imho having to answer these types of emails)

--
... Allan