Re: XForms Editor Review

Lars Oppermann ha scritto:
>> how far the XForms-based integration between web publishing and
>> office document formats and productivity suites can go.
>

> I think that I have not fully grasped what you mean by this. Do you
> refer to using office apps for the publishing of XForms documents on the
> web? Or do you refer to web publishing through xforms based interfaces?

I mean both. I argue that they are the same thing.

> How to office formats like OpenDocument come into the picture here?

Users might want to establish that they have some OpenDocuments that aggregate the data coming from many other OpenDocuments (for example a company billing table with data taken from all bills). Users might want to have one click way to have such a setup exported into an XForms website where users can submit bills and from which the first user can download both kind of mentioned OpenDocuments (single bills and the aggregated table).

> Maybe you can illustrate your idea with an example...

Sorry I read this mail after having written the other, I think it is very easy to think of use cases in which I do not only want to publish exported data but I want to export the whole app back and forth from my business workflow. Kinda of write once run anywhere, not write once export to XHTML.

thanks ciao
ste