1.0 errata section 10 (complex type validation clarification)

From: Aaron Reed <aaronr@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:10:02 -0500
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hi,

I have a question after reading 10.1 at:
http://www.w3.org/2006/03/REC-xforms-20060314-errata.html#E10

I understand that to mean that the selected node value must be valid for
the type MIP, xsi:type AND as defined by schema (internal or external).
  But I was looking through XML Schema 1.1 part 1 spec this week and I saw:

"The Simple Type Definition (§2.2.1.2) or Complex Type Definition
(§2.2.1.3) used in ·validation· of an element is usually determined by
reference to the appropriate schema components. An element information
item in an instance may, however, explicitly assert its type using the
attribute xsi:type."

Which reads to me that if xsi:type is present then any type applied via
internal or external schema will be ignored.  Could you please clarify
which behavior an implementor should exhibit?

Thanks,
--Aaron