Re: Wildcard in the <value> element

From: Aaron Reed <aaronr@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:46:06 -0500
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hi Alessandro,

Alessandro Triglia wrote:

Since xf:value allows for single node binding, you could use value with
an itemset by making its value relevant to the nodeset.  For example:

If I had instance data:
     <name>Bob Smith</name>
     <name>Mary Smith</name>

<xf:select ref="selectedPerson">
   <xf:itemset nodeset="persons/person">
     <xf:label ref="name"/>
     <xf:value ref="ssn"/>

So this would effectively create two items:
   <xf:label>Bob Smith</xf:label>
   <xf:label>Mary Smith</xf:label>

> So my question is, in what cases (if any) would a <value> element contain a child element?

I can't think of an example of this off of the top of my head.